Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Table of Contents
- USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point
- What is Notify U.S.?
- Who operates Notify U.S.?
- How can I contact Notify U.S.?
USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point
Using Notify U.S., a notification alert service of the USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point under the WTO TBT Agreement (for nonagricultural products), you can find answers to the following questions:
- What are the latest proposed U.S. and foreign technical regulations notified to the TBT committee by the USA and other WTO members?
- What are the latest proposed U.S. and foreign conformity assessment systems notified to the TBT committee by the USA and other WTO members?
- Who are the current U.S. and foreign regulatory points of contact for specific measures notified by the WTO members?
- Have there been any changes to the standards or technical regulations for specific products or specific product sectors?
What is Notify U.S.?
Notify U.S. is a free, web-based e-mail registration service that offers U.S. entities (citizens, industries, organizations) an opportunity to review and comment on proposed foreign technical regulations that can affect their businesses and their access to international markets.
Notify U.S. opens a wealth of WTO TBT information to you and allows you to request complete texts of changing technical regulations. Notify U.S. added these features:
- guides you in the preparation of comments
- allows you to easily submit comments through the USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point
- offers information on translation services
- offers news and information about standards, conformity assessment, and the WTO TBT
Who operates Notify U.S.?
Notify U.S. is a service of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) at the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC).
How can I contact Notify U.S.?
Contact Notify U.S. at:
|Name||USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point|
|Office||Standards Coordination Office|
|Organization||National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)|
|Address||100 Bureau Drive, MS-2100
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2100