Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Table of Contents
- What is Notify U.S.?
- What does Notify U.S. allow me to do?
- Who operates Notify U.S.?
- How can I contact USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point?
What is Notify U.S.?
Notify U.S. is a free, web-based, customizable e-mail notification alert service that offers U.S. entities (citizens, industries, organizations) an opportunity to review and comment on proposed foreign technical regulations and conformity assessment procedures (CAPs) that can affect their businesses and their access to international markets. E-Mail alerts from the Notify U.S. service will be discontinued sometime in the second half of calendar year 2022. Current and would-be Notify U.S. users as well as international stakeholders are encouraged to use the World Trade Organization's ePing SPS&TBT Platform at https://epingalert.org/ to follow and track notifications and to receive e-mail alerts. Current, active Notify U.S. users will receive notice from Notify U.S. prior to the discontinuation of notification alerts.
What does Notify U.S. allow me to do?
US entities can:
- Review recent proposed U.S. and foreign technical regulations and CAPs notified to the Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) under the TBT Agreement;
- View notifications by WTO member, product sector, and year issued;
- Track changes to standards, technical regulations, and/or CAPs for specific products or product sectors (if notified);
- Review and/or request full-texts associated with notified actions and determine the comment deadlines;
- Review a list of fee-based translation services;
- Obtain comment guidance for commenting on TBT notifications.
The World Trade Organization's ePing SPS&TBT Platform at https://epingalert.org/ allows all interested persons to track and follow notifications and register to receive e-mail alerts. E-mail alerts from the Notify U.S. service will be discontinued sometime in the second half of calendar year 2022. Current, active Notify U.S. users will receive notice from Notify U.S. prior to the discontinuation of notification alerts.
Who operates Notify U.S.?
Notify U.S. is a service provided by the USA WTO TBT Enquiry Point, part of the Standards Coordination Office at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC).